York Knavesmire Harriers Running Club is affiliated to the York and District Road Race League.
The York and District 10K Road Race League takes place each year during the months of May, June and July. Eight local running clubs compete in seven 10K Road Races at venues in and around York and district. Clubs take it in turn to organise an event in their area and accurate times and places are taken and published for each race. Approximately 200 runners take part in each race out of 400 registered runners. Clubs compete in their club colours and are given points and positions in categories reflecting age, gender and club.
The results from each race and each year are posted on John Schofields UK Results website which helps to add to the interest and excitement of each event. At the end of the series entrants are given a handicap time for the final race, the slowest runners starting at a requisite time in front of the faster runners. In theory each runner has an equal opportunity of winning the final event. In practice most of the runners finish within a few minutes of each other with a final stampede to the finishing line! The final race is followed by a buffet supper and presentation evening.
Online entry to the 2017 Summer League is now available from:https://www.stuweb.co.uk/events/2017/06/05/2807
The league takes the same format as previous years, with details are on here: http://www.roadraceleague.org.uk/about-us/…
• Entry is straightforward, you have to create a user account, then complete the series entry. Payment is by bank or credit card.
• The series cost is £18
• Entrants will need a UK athletics number and need to select the correct club from the list of participating clubs.
• Entry for the whole series will close on 4th April,
• After that numbers with timing chips attached will be posted out to club reps shortly afterwards prior to the first race at Pocklington on the 25th
• Entry is available to all Knavesmire members who have paid their membership fees for 2017
Any problems with entry, contact Stuweb direct via the web site. http://www.stuweb.co.uk/
Please remember when entering races to always enter as a member of “York Knavesmire Harriers”, do not abbreviate or shorten please. (Unless this is not possible due to a drop down menu option for instance)
2017 Race Dates:
Pocklington 25 April
Tadcaster 9 May
Easingwold 23 May
Knavesmire 6 June
Bishop Wilton 20 June
Wistow 4 July
Bishopthorpe 18 July All Tuesday evenings.
Read more: http://www.roadraceleague.org.uk/